As any family knows, entertaining the kids for the weekend can get very expensive, very quickly. Something as simple as dinner and a film for four can easily cost £200 including popcorn and other snacks at the theatre. And seeing a football match has become a major undertaking as many families can expect to pay upwards of £1,000 to see their favourite team play their biggest rival. And, while there is nothing wrong with splurging from time to time, we still have to look for family-friendly, and budget-friendly, ways to keep our family entertained. And did I mention that it has to be fun?
If you are looking for ideas for a free fun family weekend, keep reading because we are going to share some with you now. Let’s take a look:
FREE Fun Family Weekend Activities
- Neighbourhood festivals or street fairs.
- Visit a local park and bring along a picnic lunch.
- Invite friends or neighbours over for game night.
- Take nature photographs. You don’t need expensive photography gear, as most smartphones offer a wide range of features that will make your family look like professional photographers in no time!
- Write letters to loved ones and elderly family members who live far away. With the age of the email and SMS, a handwritten letter can mean a lot.
- Go for a long drive through the countryside.
- Visit a free museum or art gallery. This can be as fun and exciting learning adventure for the whole family.
- Ride your bicycle along local bike trails.
- Organise your family photo albums by decade.
- Go for a run as a family. Children learn important health habits from their parents and exercising together can teach them the importance of staying active and fit.
- Cook together as a family and try out new dishes. You have to make dinner anyway, why not make it fun?
- Do a fun family craft or teach your children a new craft skill such as decoupage or how to knit or sew.
- Learn something new by researching it online while teaching your children how to use the internet safely.
- Go to a library to check out interesting books.
- Volunteer at a local shelter and teach your children the value of helping others.
Contact Mighty Oaks Nursery
For more ideas for a free fun family weekend, contact Mighty Oaks Nursery today!
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favourite social media sites.